返回列表 回复 发帖
Those George Lam photos are wonderful, especially the black and whites-perfect.
The fabrics and colors and details are so rich and stunning. A pleasure to see......
         Chyi Chin's biggest fan in                  
               Minnesota, USA.
How exciting. Beijing Fashion Week. I looked at a bunch more of these designs because the first thing I thought of was the Silk Road!! So much of the decor reminded me of the Indian tribes of the American Southwest. Is Xinjiang considered the western frontier of China? Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

"Friday saw the unveiling at the Beijing Hotel of well-known Xinjiang designer Sun Xiuqin's collection, which celebrates the splendid Silk Road clothing culture and Xinjiang's bright future.

Qiuci Beauty designer Sun Xiuqin is a first-level fashion designer at the Xinjiang Military Region Art Troupe and chairperson of Xinjiang Clothing Designer Association. Sun's artistic vision and innovative use of silk, brocade, cashmere, leather as well as her specialized craft techniques of embroidery, dyeing and weaving express the essence of Qiuci culture and the infinite charm of Xinjiang."

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
Usually I just study the photos. The designs are always so beautiful. The fabrics are to die for. The handiwork is exquisite. The models are extraordinarily beautiful. These photos just happened to have the designers name so I could look further!

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
Beautiful. I bet this outfit sure looks better on her than on the hanger!!!!
               Minnesota, USA.
Little Miss Sveteana. I want to run over and snip that loose string on her hem in 3241!!  I think I might have been successful at accessing Weibo. I am very excited-it took hours and I still don't know how I did it. If I did it wrong I will disappear.

Baby-you got the life. Congratulations.
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
It's the emotion with which he sings. Something touches my heart. I don't speak Italian, but I love to listen to a great artist sing opera. I have the same reaction listening to Andrea Bocelli sing. If the emotion is there you practically can tell what the lyrics are about.

With Chyi Chin, he also puts a lot of his personality into what and how he sings. He seems very honest with his audience about who he is. I would guess he is the same person on stage as he is off stage. I have had that feeling since the first time I heard him sing. To me, he seems like someone I know, like a friend. I also think that as he gets older, he gets better. He's a wonderful song stylist-I loved his last album. What a gift to be able to walk up to a microphone to sing and have pure emotion come out.

I also don't mind that his voice is changing as he gets older. The voice reflects the man and it would be foolish to expect him to be standing still. It has been a little difficult being a fan because it takes a lot of work-but the bonus is learning about China.  

Does that make any sense?
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
If these are design contests, how could a judge possibly pick a winner. Everything is so beautiful-the detail on 3283, the lace on 3284! The imagination and creativity. I could never be a judge...............
               Minnesota, USA.
No. Is she a judge? She looks very relaxed and un-stressed if she is!
               Minnesota, USA.
I don't know much about Chinese film simply because it has not been accessible to me. I am more familiar with Hong Kong film. I'm a Johnnie To junkie! That familiarity has changed over the last few years as the practice of co-productions has become more and more common. I don't even want to think about the big question of whether cen~sor~ship has watered down Hong Kong film....

Of course I know everything by Zhang Yimou. I love the divine Gong Li, Zhang Ziyi (who I'm not that crazy about) and the many actresses coming up. My favorite actress is Tang Wei. She is so mysterious with that Mona Lisa smile.

Don't even ask about the men. Hu Jun, Jiang Wen, Liu Ye, Ge You, Sun Honglei, and on and on. Yeah, I'm a fan.
               Minnesota, USA.
返回列表