返回列表 回复 发帖

I just watched a concert DVD of the band "Beyond" that I bought a few years ago. I had forgotten how good they are.

I find myself humming their songs.
I am just curious if you guys like them also?

KK

[ 本帖最后由 Karen_Koerner 于 2011-2-11 00:31 编辑 ]

I have just been reading about the 798 Arts District in Beijing.

It looks like a fascinating place to visit.

Have any of you been there? Can you share your impressions?

I know Chyi Chin would like something similar for music in Chengdu. Anything new on that?

KK  

Thank you for answering Firefly. I know it's a hassle.

The first Chinese music I originally heard was Cantopop from Hong Kong. I liked "Beyond", Danny Chan, and a couple others. I was searching for the song "Moon Represent My Heart" because I had heard it in several movies. By accident I found a Chinese language page which had collected about 15 versions of the song in Mandarin. When I heard Chyi Chin it was all over. I was hooked and Mandopop was my preference from then on. I love listening to him today as much as I did the first time I heard him.

There was a version of the song by every artist you can think of.  I noticed that the divine Leslie Cheung's Mandarin was kind of lousy. I also noticed Chyi Chin's diction was perfect and it added to the beauty of the language. When a group like "Beyond" appears in the mainland do they sing in Cantonese or Mandarin? Do the artists learn to sing in both languages?

As to the 798 Arts area, it sounds like a fascinating re-use of old buildings. I'm sure it will grow and be a source of much creativity. I think it's in Chaoyang in the Sanlitun bar area. Doesn't Chyi Chin live in the Chaoyang area? The same type of thing for music in Chengdu would be very exciting.

If you read any news on Chengdu, let me know. That's the kind of article it is very hard for me to find.

Best wishes and thank you again for taking the time to talk to this pesty foreigner!!!   

KK

Hello.

Someone please talk to me.

If I have offended somehow, I am not aware of it.

I love to hear from you guys so much.

I love to hear about little things and big things, what you do in your daily lives.

I love to hear about dear Chyi Chin.

I miss my Chinese friends.

KK     

I love Bon Jovi too. He just keeps getting better. He and Chyi Chin have a lot in common.

They are both unbelievably attractive, mature men!

Wouldn't you love to see them on the same stage?

KK

You can have the pretty girls.

I'll stick with those attractive, sophisticated, self-assured, s~e~x~y, MATURE men.

They don't get older, they get better.

KK

You know, I don't believe his rock style is gone at all-it's just buried deep.

Flashes of the "Guitar God" come out all the time.

I believe he is giving his audiences what he thinks they want. I'd like to see him cut loose and see if that audience would come along with him!!

My guess is that he's a bit of a perfectionist and likes to stick with what he knows works. Perhaps his lovely young lady can move him in a more daring direction. Three cheers for YaYa. Get to work on that man!

KK

Time for Chyi Chin to get back to work.

Am I right in thinking his first scheduled concert is at The Great Hall of the People with the Chinese Philharmonic Strings on April 22nd? Are any of you able to go to that one?

After that, the Worker's Stadium on April 30th - 20 year anniversary of Hurricane Tour?

Oh boy. I don't think I can win the lottery in time to get there-darn it!!

KK

Everyone.

You must tell me who gets to go to the Hurricane Concert

on April 30th at Worker's Stadium. I am very excited for you.

Can someone tell me about the Hurricane Concert 20 years ago?

Was that Chyi Chin's first live concert in mainland China?

Was that the first time he made an impression as a live

performer? I've seen videos and he was wonderful.

So young and so very talented.

(Pretty gorgeous, too!)

Best wishes to all.

KK

Yep.
I could not get much remote-er.
返回列表