返回列表 回复 发帖
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_van_Gulik

Here is an article in English about Robert Van Gulik and the "Judge Dee" mysteries.
KK
         Chyi Chin's biggest fan in                  
               Minnesota, USA.
本帖最后由 锣声若响 于 2011-10-19 12:08 编辑

ahahaha~~
I wanted to tell you some nice food here originally, but no any word to eat came out from my mouth. Forgive me please. My work was really free, I like it but the wage was little. In my opinion it always is hard to satisfy both feeling and money. Are you agree? I must try to work hardly to earn more money with the nice feelings.
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
本帖最后由 锣声若响 于 2011-10-19 12:07 编辑

Yes, I understand. That's hard to you imagine the population here. It can take you at least one hour to drive from the north to the south, the east to the west too, and it is not the real border. In fact, the distance is not too far, the main reason is the road condition is so bad. You can search many pictures of traffic jam on google. It is so wonderful.
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
It is a very hard balance. Working just for money does not make a person happy. You want to do something that gives you satisfaction, but it must pay enough so you can live comfortably and have some security. Security becomes more important as you get older.

I was lucky that the last 13 years of my working life were very satisfying. I was a dispatcher for a family owned ambulance service that grew to be a highly professional ALS paramedic service. We grew from a service area of 600 square miles to an area of over 1000 square miles with substations in surrounding cities. We grew and grew and grew. I actually dispatched ambulances before there was a 911 system. (That is why I am prematurely old!) The satisfaction came from knowing that all of us working together saved lives.

I got that job completely by accident. I never would have dreamed of doing such a thing because when I observed to see if I wanted the job, it actually scared me how fast and furious it all was. But I tried it anyway and was very good at it. Sometimes a chance comes along to try something new that you might not have thought about. Always stay open to that chance that could come along.

I am sorry I go on so long, but once I start I cannot stop. I keep thinking of other things to tell you about.
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
Gong,
I looked for photos of traffic jams in Xian and saw many examples. WoW. How strict are the driver's license procedures and driver's tests? Do the traffic police enforce traffic infractions?  If you screw up do you go to traffic court?

It looks more like a problem of traffic engineering. When I see a huge intersection pretty much unsigned for traffic or clear lane markings-I can see how you get a whole bunch of cars stopped pointing in every direction and not getting anywhere. Or else everyone is just driving and walking wherever they please!!! The most important part of traffic control is the infrastructure. Infrastructure is developed over time.

I have a feeling that is what happened with the bullet trains. You have got these beautiful, sleek trains that go faster than the wind-but you have not got the well trained guy in the main control room that keeps them from running into each other. It seems they didn't have the right communications to warn the other trains.

Maybe China is trying to go too fast.
                               Get all the pieces in place first.
                                "Get all your ducks in a row."  
                 It might take a little longer, but it will probably be a lot safer.

Your country has so many well-trained people to handle these kinds of problems, send them around the world and check out what works. Our city is adopting the traffic turnarounds that are standard in England. They work great.

(The corruption that causes buildings to fall down is a completely different thing. I am **, but I can not understand why the top guys don't seriously and honestly commit themselves to stopping this stuff from going on and then going out and actually doing something about it!!!!  Are they capable of doing this or do they not care?

Sorry. I know this is too long. Do you get any benefits from my monologues?

Tell me more about Xian.

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
** =  N~A~I~V~E         What a silly word to disapprove...............
               Minnesota, USA.
Hey everybody. Do you think Chyi Chin will be coming home pretty soon?
               Minnesota, USA.
Hello my good friend. I hope I did not offend you by going on too long. I am afraid I am opinionated! I followed the city wall around your city on Google Earth and I am amazed...it seems like you can reach out and touch 3000 years of history. I believe you can touch and feel the spirit of those who have gone before, so next time you go to an ancient spot-put out both hands and touch that wall for me.

I will keep it shorter .
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
Oh. Oh. The photos of YaYa and the baby are so beautiful. They will be such a treasure to Bonnie when she is grown-she can see how beautiful her mother was as a young woman. Where does YaYa microblog? I have tried and tried to sign up for Weibo but it will not let me. I think it's because of my email address. I mess with it all the time and never have success.

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
Gong,
Where are you? I have missed you. Have I made you mad?
I successfully signed on to Weibo, but I'm not doing a very good job of figuring it out. I am going to keep banging away until I get it............

Hope you are well and happy,
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
返回列表